Thursday, June 23, 2011

Team "Love"

From left to right: Me, Justin, Leah, and Teddy

This is my new team.  Someone has already dubbed us as Team Love.  I'm sure you can see why.  Aren't we just adorable?

I'm really excited to get to know my teammates better and work alongside them at Columbia University.  This will be the first year for FOCUS at Columbia, so we have our work cut out for us.  For me, this is a particularly exciting challenge, having seen and lived through the transformation that FOCUS (and Father Baker, of course) brought about in our community at Vanderbilt when it came my sophomore year.

Just to fill you in with a little more detail about my team...
Justin is a first-year missionary from Virginia.  He graduated from George Mason University in May and studied English/Creative Writing.
Leah is the only veteran on our team!  She is our team leader, hailing from South Dakota, earned her undergraduate degree in violin performance at Catholic University, and spent the past 2 years as a missionary at Mount St. Mary's University.  This will be her second year as a team director.
Teddy is a first-year missionary from Maryland.  He graduated from Mount St. Mary's in May with a degree in philosophy.

I am so thankful for them already, and I look forward to many adventures in NYC!  May God bless our efforts to bring souls to Him at Columbia.  Please pray for us!

2 comments:

  1. Your team is sooooo cute (and holy). God is going to do some amazing things through y'all!

    Were Leah and Teddy friends at Mount St. Mary's?! I guess they must have known each other? And did you meet Justin before NST?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CeeCee, you make me feel so popular with all these comments! Leah and Teddy did indeed know each other, and I only met Justin during interview weekend. Ironically, Leah was one of my interviewers!

    ReplyDelete