Thursday, August 18, 2011

NYC

Well, I'm here!  I've been in NYC since Monday, and already I think I'm going to like it.  A lot.  At least for now.  It's been great fun getting to hang out a lot with my team and spending time with our very knowledgeable chaplain, Father Dan.  This guy knows the ins and outs of all things New York.  He showed us around Columbia yesterday!  Our apartment is not to small and quite nice (at least compared to the standards I had set in my head beforehand), but nothing compared to the boys' five story palace with a rooftop patio.  The view from our living room window looks something like this:
 

Not too shabby, eh?  Today the team made a list of all the places we want to see and things we want to do in NYC sometime this year, and tomorrow we are going to begin to tackle it.  Hopefully someone will bring a camera, because I seem to have misplaced mine (don't tell my mom).  If so, I will try to post some pics!

Oh, I was kidding about the view.  We do, however, have a great view of the Empire State Building, which is quite nice at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment