Friday, September 2, 2011

Blessed

I am sitting now at my kitchen table, in a dark red and tan colored room, listening to the sounds that float through my window - cars honking, tires screeching, motorcyclists showing off.  But louder still is the sound of music.  Someone is playing a saxophone from a random rooftop nearby.  He plays a beautiful, jazzy melody and reminds me of my home.  It's a quiet, confident song he plays.  He plays every night.  Sometimes I am not as content to listen, such as when I am in bed and have to wake up early the next morning.  But right now, it's peaceful.  It's beautiful.  It's relaxing.

We have nearly completed our first week of outreach at Columbia, and it has been a period of incredible sanctification.  In this week alone I have learned approximately seventeen new ways to swallow my pride, and I have seen the devil in action.  I have begun to realize the magnitude of the task God has laid before Team Columbia, the necessity of prayer, the weaknesses of my heart.  I have been stretched and stomped on and blessed and blessed and blessed.

I am learning more and more the importance of faith and how easily it can be broken and shattered, and how necessary it is to prevail.

It's been a tough week.  It has hurt.  Praise God.  Thank you, Jesus, for loving me in this way.

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for your perseverance and love!! I can only imagine how difficult the mission is at Columbia! I am praying for you all! Way to love the Lord and His people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sacrifice you are making! God is smiling big on you, I know. Keep being strong! Praying for you : )

    Love,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I can relate. I think before the mission field there were so many ways for me to avoid all the "stretched and stomped" times. But now it seems like they happen quite often, and what I never realized so vividly and which you express in your post was how blessing comes not only in the midst of the "stomping" but also through it. Here's hoping and praying that you persevere, confident that you will! (Although I am withholding my prayers if you do not also promise to pray for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh don't you worry. You've got my prayers. I've been keeping up with you on your blog. I know God is doing great things and working in and through you!

    ReplyDelete