Saturday, July 2, 2011

Goodbye NST 2011

Yesterday marked the end of FOCUS New Staff Training 2011.  And all I can really say is... whoa.  I am utterly blown away by God's love for me and the honor He has given me in allowing me to be a missionary for Him.  I am so grateful!

But, really, these past five weeks were C-R-A-Z-Y crazy.  New friends, new mission partners, new ideas, new revelations, new experiences, new perspectives, new challenges, new life!  My life is in such a different place than I thought it was going to be just one and a half months ago.  God has a plan that I cannot even begin to comprehend.

Some highlights:

The girls in my college (St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross)
 A "college" at NST is the group of men or women with whom you spend more time and are more intentional in your relationships.  We lived together or next door to each other and shared our stories and did fun things together.  Each college is named after a saint, and ours was Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, also known as Edith Stein.  What beautiful women!

Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is a well-known Catholic speaker.  He put together a pretty well-known Salvation History Bible Study that he walked through with us in just one day.  All of Salvation History in 5 hours.  It was intense, but so interesting, especially since I've never really studied Salvation History before but have always wanted to.  The Second Years were kind of obsessed with this man.  It was a little scary.

L'Angelus came to play for us
 They finally dedicated their song to me!  This was a great night with lots of dancing.  One of the workers at the bar where they played said that he had never seen so many people have so much fun without being drunk.  I think that is a great witness to the world that you can practice temperance and still have fun.  Lots of fun.

Mass in a beautiful chapel



It was so wonderful being at Mass with so many people who strive to immerse themselves so totally in it.  Also, you can see some Dominican Sisters in the congregation!  It was such a treat to have them come visit!

 
Grace, Kathryn, and Father came to visit

... Need I say more!?
There is so much more I could talk about- that was just a glimpse into my past 5 weeks.  And now, FOCUS is launching their missionaries into the world to fulfill the Great Commission that Christ left us.  But before I get down to business, I've come back to Nashville to celebrate two great friends who are getting married tonight.  Reunion time!  I can't wait.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment