Sunday, July 10, 2011

Home?

I just arrived back in Louisiana to spend some of the summer.  I used to call this home, and I guess it always will be, since I grew up here, but after spending so much time in Nashville and finding an irreplaceable community, I oftentimes find myself feeling more at home up there than down here.

Warning: This is another "Goodbye" post, this time to Nashville (and Vanderbilt).  This one is a bit harder than the NST one, because these past 5 years in Nashville changed the course of my life entirely.  God blessed me so much.  Here are some of the highlights:



2006
2010

These girls were my best friends for the first few years of college.  We all lived with or next door to each other as sophomores.  We called ourselves, "The Six of Us" (creative, I know...).  They'll always hold a special place in my heart!


Famous and extremely talented friends - Colleen McCarron Nixon, to name just one!

Fainting Goats and Pumpkin Picking 2009


Crazy choir people

Halloween 2009  







The boys won't admit it, but this was a wonderful prank


Although theirs was pretty good, too...




Confetti eggs at BYX Formal 2010
... and again at graduation (*note- the score is Girls: 2; Boys: 0)
The opportunity to go to Honduras
... and France

Holy friendships

My sweet sweet frin, Cristina

The beautiful Treehouse girls (not pictured: Niki)

The Sundanese Community Center
My frins are weird

Beach Week 2010
My Totus Tuus team
I had no clue how much that summer would change my life!

These funny people - this year would not have been the same without them.




















SO fun!  And there's so much more!  What a wonderful 5 years.  Thanks to all those who helped make it so memorable.  And most especially... Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment: